A sneak peek at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
WARNER BROS. WORLD Abu Dhabi is set to open its doors to thrillseekers later this month and the level of excitement is at an all-time high.
Warner Bros-loving visitors will be invited to play with the iconic film studio and entertainment juggernaut’s popular characters.
Plans for the park were initially rolled out in 2007 but were halted by the global financial crisis.
In May 2015, Miral signed the general construction contract with Belgian contractor Six Construct, thus resuming construction that year.
Ahead of the official launch, Miral chairman Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak said, “The launch of Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is yet another milestone in the Emirate’s journey to further enrich its tourism offering, and help establish it as one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. The park is another great addition to Yas Island’s immersive experiences and award-winning attractions.”
“It gives us great pride to have partnered with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to launch the world’s largest Warner Bros. branded indoor theme park right here in Abu Dhabi. As part of our fulfillment to Abu Dhabi’s ambition to drive increased visitors and enhance the UAE’s appeal as an international destination, we are thrilled that fans will be able to enjoy the outcome of this partnership and the massive, fun and engaging park offerings in a few months,” he added.
Here’s what we know about the sprawling theme park so far:
- Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is located on the region’s manmade Yas Island.
- The fully air-conditioned park is spread over 1.65 million sq. ft.
- It will house six themed zones: Cartoon Junction Warner Bros, Bedrock (home of the Flintstones), Dynamite Gulch, Warner Bros Plaza, Metropolis (Superman), and Gotham City (Batman).
- The fully immersive lands will feature 90 state-of-the-art rides such as The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure, Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers and Batman: Knight Flight.
- Fans can expect to see DC superheroes like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, alongside beloved Warner Bros. Animation characters like Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, and The Flintstones.
- It will also feature a 61-meter-tall tower inspired by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower in Burbank, California.
- Multiple dining options, from grab-and-go to full-service sit-down restaurants and cafes, will be available as well.
- Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi cost US$1 billion to build.
Miral promises it’ll be a unique interactive environment for guests.
And there’s no doubt that Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi will be a fun-filled day out for fans.
Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi will open on July 25, 2018.
Get your tickets via its website.