In pictures: Asia Pacific’s 25 most luxurious, priciest hotel suites
WOULD you be surprised to know that one-quarter of the world’s most luxurious and expensive hotel and resort suites are in the Asia Pacific?
It shouldn’t be too surprising, given that the Asia Pacific grows some of the most fantastic flora and fauna in the world, blanketing natural landscapes in emerald forests, and covering vast expanses in shimmery turquoise waters.
Who wouldn’t be enticed by that?
Aside from the stunning natural beauty packed into the Asia Pacific, each nation is also steeped in rich history and vibrant, diversified cultures, not to mention the culinary delights on offer.
From adventures to relaxation and food tours to yoga retreats, the Asia Pacific has it all and it’s waiting for curious minds to discover its nations.
But what’s a once-in-a-lifetime trip without a beautiful place to stay?
Well, you needn’t worry about this in the Asia Pacific as those with a deep love for hospitality have built up an array of magnificent hotels and resorts which add luxury to an already unforgettable vacation.
While there are thousands of hotels, motels, Airbnbs, serviced apartments, and couches for travelers to stay in on their trips around the Asia Pacific, there are a few accommodation options that truly win the hotel game, but they come with a stonking price tag.
There’s a whole other level to luxury that many of us mere mortals never get to experience, from the private islands in the Maldives to the penthouse suites of Tokyo that make guests feel like a god.
Thankfully, Elite Traveler has compiled a list of the world’s most luxurious hotel suites for the inquisitive people among us who may not be able to stay in the fanciest hotels but still want to have a peek at them.
The world’s most expensive hotel suite is The Royal Penthouse Suite at Hotel President Wilson in Geneva, Switzerland which comes with an eye-twitchingly expensive nightly rate of US$80,000.
But does this mean it’s the best suite in the world? We don’t think so.
We’ve collated Asia’s most expensive and oh-so-opulent hotel suites for your prying enjoyment. All the prices listed are for just one night in these suites.
25. One&Only The Palm, Dubai, UAE
Grand Palm Suite – US$1,905
24. Alila Villas Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
Three-Bedroom Pool Villa – US$2,712
23. The Bulgari Resort Dubai, UAE
The Bulgari Villa – US$3,267
22. Qualia, Hamilton Island, Australia
Beach House – US$3,330
21. ITC Gardenia, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bengaluru, India
Peacock Suite – US$5,850
20. Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, Thailand
Grand Royal Suite – US$6,600
19. Velaa Private Island, Maldives
Romantic Pool Residence -US$8,000
18. Armani Hotel Dubai, UAE
Armani Dubai Suite – US$8,170
17. Anantara Layan Phuket Resort, Phuket, Thailand
Villa Similan, Layan Residences – US$8,440
16. Royal Begonia, A Luxury Collection Resort, Sanya, China
Presidential Villa – US$9,000
15. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
Royal Two-Bedroom Suite – US$9,000
14. The Peninsula, Shanghai, China
The Peninsula Suite – US$10,000
13. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
The Mandarin Suite – US$10,020
12. Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad, India
The Nizam Suite – US$12,000
11. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, UAE
Royal Penthouse Suite – US$12,500
10. Eagle’s Nest, The Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Rahimoana – US$13,000
9. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, India
Grand Presidential Suite – US$13,000
8. Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India
The Kohinoor Suite – US$14,000
7. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Rajasthan, India
The Kohinoor Suite – US$14,000
6. Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, Japan
Presidential Suite – US$14,570
5. The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, India
The Tata Suite – US$16,000
4. Raj Palace, Jaipur, India
Maharajah’s Pavilion – US$19,000
3. Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, China
Presidential Suite – US$23,175
2. The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Dhaalu Atoll, Maldives
John Jacob Astor Estate – US$26,220
1. Laucala Island, Fiji
Hilltop Villa – US$45,000