Do you want to get paid to drink gin while traveling across the globe?
FOR those who are passionate about travel and alcohol – specifically, gin – your dream job is calling.
London-based bar chain The Inception Group, which owns Mr Fogg’s, has teamed up with popular gin brand Bombay Sapphire to pay someone to be a global ambassador to travel the world with a friend and drink gin.
In conjunction with the launch of the chain’s new bar in London – Mr. Fogg’s Society of Exploration, inspired by fictitious Victorian explorer Phileas J. Fogg – the successful candidate and their gin-loving travel companion will travel across the glove to Mumbai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, San Francisco, New York, and Paris.
“To ensure the successful opening of my new bar on The Strand ‘The Society of Exploration’, I require a variety of very important items located around the world, to be collected and hand-delivered to me in London,” Mr Fogg wrote on the website.
“Alas, I am far too busy and therefore require one of YOU to retrace my steps and fetch these for me.”
At these places, the travelers will be required to collect botanicals and necessary items, sample some fine gin, and document their adventures on various social media platforms and a blog.
They will be responsible for collecting botanicals and necessary items along the way, and then the adventurers are required to return to London within 80 days and be ready to create their very own ‘Around the World Cocktail’ at Mr Fogg’s Society of Exploration.
At the end of the 80 days (the trip is inspired by Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eight Days), the travelers will have to return to London and create their very own rendition of an “Around the World” cocktail inspired by their travels.
Expenses for airfare, accommodations, and alternative travel methods will all be covered.
The criteria, as described by Mr. Fogg, include:
- Formidable, brave and a lover of the unknown.
- Experienced in the art of adventure.
- Well-versed in the medium of “social media”.
- Prominent on various of these platforms of “social media”.
- Able to take a well-lit and well-assembled photograph.
- Have an acquaintance or ally who is also well-equipped in the art of photography and this “selfie” taking.
- Have read my memoirs, which were kindly documented by Jules Verne.
- Have frequented my humble Residence, Gin Parlour, Tavern and House of Botanicals.
- At least 21 years of living.
- Talented in the art of written expression, just like my dear friend Verne.
- Unoccupied and ready to accomplish this adventure between the dates of August 2018 and November 2018.
- Not afraid to get one’s hands dirty.
- Willing to clothe oneself in Victorian finery.
There’s no word on how much you will be paid, but if you have a couple of months’ worth of free time and if you love gin, why not apply for this boozy adventure of a lifetime?
You have until Aug 27, 2018, to do so so packed it up and let’s go.
For more information, visit the website.